April 22, 2006

Carousel Report

What a great time I had down in Portland, Oregon this morning. I took off from the home base of Tacoma, Washington around 5:45am and arrived at the scene around 8:15am. I was the first protester there, so I walked around the block a little bit and saw that a line or crowd of presumably illegal aliens and/or sympathizers was already standing outside the Mexican consulate building. Braving the bitterly cold winds, they huddled together like penguins, with the promise of fake ID cards and taxpayer funded goodies in their near future. How quaint. Here is an image of the building, then of the Mexican flag being raised. The guy raising the flag was also the one letting people in the door.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I saw this sign in the general area. It was referring to the nearby freeway overpass area, but the irony was not lost on me, especially with the Spanish translation. I wish my government felt this way about illegal aliens.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

So, once some fellow concerned Americans started to show up, the feeling in the air was of solidarity. I really had a wonderful time meeting everyone there. I've always loved the state of Oregon, just like my own state of Washington. I think that a lot of the issues both states share. Here are some protest pictures.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Needless to say, things got interesting when this guy came out of the woodwork. Anyone that was there knows what I'm talking about.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Yeah, I thought it was fitting when he put on the bandana. I refer to him now as the Boo-Hoo Blue Anarchist. I really expected more opposition than him though. Of course, we can't forget about this guy...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

At first I thought he was Dee Snyder... but I guess he was just a guy that has to illegally hire criminals in order to be competitive. Upon further questioning by Daniel at Daniel's Political Musings, he admitted that really he needed to hire illegals so that he had enough money to buy weed. Nice...

One of the high points of the morning was to spend a few minutes talking with Daniel. I've been following his blog for some time and in a way, it has inspired me to be a more active participant in this fight for what I consider the most important stand for our national sovereignty. We cannot and will not let our country and what our country stands for be taken away by those who would wish to see us all diminish into squalor. I took a picture of Daniel speaking with a man that had been waiting for someone in the Mexican Consulate, for his wife I believe? Apparently, he said that their status in this country was legal. I find that hard to believe, as only Mexican Nationals were admitted into this event. Unless I can be proven otherwise...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Here are some great signs that I got pictures of...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The media even showed up, interviewing protesters and illegal immigrants alike...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I can't wait until next time.. I'll be back!!!

1 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Steffan said...

Good photos Erik!
Thanks for driving all that way, I hope to see you at future events.I try to attend as often as possible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home